NEO Project Name: Abortion Access Front
Position: Operations Assistant
Status: Non-Exempt – Part-Time 10-20 hours per week
Reports to: CCO, Managing Director, Programs Director
Founded in 2015 by Lizz Winstead, Abortion Access Front (AAF) uses humor and outrage to destigmatize abortion and expose extremist, anti-choice forces working to destroy access to reproductive rights across the country. AAF fosters a multicultural, multiethnic and gender-fluid team of comedians, writers, producers, activists, and volunteers who create content, stage events and build grassroots support for abortion providers that comes from and speaks to a diversity of life experiences.
The Operations Assistant is the organizational intermediary between the CCO and Managing Director, and the rest of the staff. This person will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day effectiveness of AAF, including our operations, finance, and human resources functions.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and highly organized, and the ability to create systems, manage budgets, office compliance and HR issues. They must be able to look at the operations structure as a whole and support an office structure that can be managed fluidly in tandem with the office manager. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with a motivated team and own the challenge of helping a young and innovative organization achieve long-term sustainability.
● Reports to the Managing Director and collaborates with department heads to manage and track budgets, and work with our fiscal sponsor, NEO Philanthropy, to ensure accurate and timely financial processing and reporting.
● Coordinate day-to-day finance operations and liaising with our fiscal sponsor; this includes processing deposits, payables, reimbursements, and invoicing.
● Perform any additional job-related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
● Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and comparable Google Docs applications.
● Proficiency maintaining and reconciling budgets and expense reports (primarily in Google Sheets and Nexonia)
● Proficiency using some CRM system. Experience with Salsa preferred.
● Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress.
● Experience supporting chief executives or other senior leaders as well as managing multiple and competing priorities with cross functional teams.
● Preference for someone who has a strong working knowledge of production and/or non-profit environment.
● Ability to work independently requiring minimal supervision and under pressure.
● Outstanding time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to 100% follow-up.
● Passion for abortion rights
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kat Green at email@example.com
AAF is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NEO's work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.